Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day Three!



What a girly, girl I have!! Sweet little Jayden is 5 years old now and I don't know how that can be possible, I swear just yesterday she was crawling! 5 years old seems to be my favorite age for her right now . . . she loves school and is very upset that she has to wait the whole summer to go back (I wonder how long that will last!)

It's sometimes scary to think that God has given me children to raise up . . . and that it's my responsibility to lead them down the "straight and narrow" EEK! What a difficult job we parents have! BUT parenting can also be rewarding . . . Read the short story below. I hope it encourages you as it did me.

My four-year-old son was on my heels no matter where I went. Whenever I stopped to do something and turned back around, I would trip over him. I patiently suggested fun activities to keep him occupied, but he simply smiled an innocent smile and said, "that's all right. I'd rather stay with you" After the fifth time of tripping over him I began to lose my patience. When I asked him why he was acting this way, he looked up at me with his sweet eyes and said, "Well, Mom, my Sunday School teacher told me to walk in Jesus' footsteps. I can't see him, so I'm walking in yours!"

And you should follow my example, just as I follow Christ's
I Corinthians 11:1 NLT

"Be careful little feet where you go, because it's the little feet behind you that are sure to follow"
-Casting Crowns


Show love today towards and in front of your children!
"Monkey SEE, Monkey DO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment